Is there a Need?
- Kansas City current has the unemployment rate of 5% of those actively looking.
- Adults with disability current national unemployment rate is closer to 12%. It is estimated that the actual unemployment rate for adults with disabilities is closer to 70%.
- Kansas City has 14% of the population living at below poverty level.
- Many of the sheltered workshops in the area have already closed or may be in the future, leaving even more individuals with challenges at home without a purpose.
- Government agencies are overworked and overwhelmed.
- Over 50 individuals were provided information and received training during our first training session. More to come soon.
Bloom strives to give individuals the 1:1 attention it requires to improve those numbers and to support individual into success.